Monday 5 August 2013

Should Arsenal move for this keeper?

 
By Nick Lander
 
In 2011/12 Wolverhampton Wanderers had a disastrous season, relegated amidst managerial turmoil, few players had seasons to remember. One player impressed however, goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey.
 
The Welsh international only managed 3 clean sheets on the way to the Championship, but made 165 saves, 69.3% of all the shots taken at him. Sustaining a cruciate knee ligament injury at the latter end of 11/12, Hennessey missed the entirety of last season, but is now back from injury and languishing in League 1. Talking after his return to action in pre-season a couple of weeks ago, Hennessey told Wolves' Official website "I fell perfect, touch wood. I haven't felt any discomfort whatsoever. I've told the physios it's the best I've ever felt and I've felt really good in the games as well."
 
There has been much talk of Arsenal brining in a new goalkeeper to truly challenge Wojciech Szczesney for the number 1 jersey, with QPR's Julio Cesar the name most frequently mentioned, I think that it would be well worth Arsenal's while taking a chance on the 26-year-old, who would surely be available for less than £1m.
 
Whilst some might question the ambition of the signing, he would surely be an improvement on Lukasz Fabianski, who continues to have serious question marks over his ability.
 
I would certainly like to see Arsene Wenger make a move for the Welshman, would you?
 
You can follow me on Twitter (@nlander94) and like the N5 Blog Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment