Wednesday 29 August 2012

Gunners Linked with Boilesen


By Nick Lander

Arsenal have been linked with a move for Denmark and Ajax defender Nicolai Boilesen. The 20-year-old left back had an injury-hampered 2011/12, managing only 6 appearances, but it seems he has done enough to catch the attention of Arsenal and fellow Premier League side Southampton.
 
When asked about his Premiership suitors by ekstrabladet.dk he said: "I have not heard anything about it yet. Someone from the Dutch press told me about it 10 minutes ago that is all I know right now. Therefore it is difficult for me to have an opinion on these rumours. For now I am concentrating on my rehab here at Ajax.
 
"But, I am very flattered if it is true that a Premier League club has made an offer for me."
 
Arsene Wenger is in the market for a new defender, and would prefer to sign someone who is comfortable in any position across the back four, after the defensive injury crises over the last few seasons.
 
Personally, I doubt that Arsenal will sign the Danish international, but stranger things have happened.
 
Make sure you like the Facebook page and follow me on Twitter (@Goonernl) to keep up to date with all Arsenal's late transfer business.
 
It's not too late to join the N5 Blog's fantasy football league on the Premier League website, using league code 13667-212189
 

No comments:

Post a Comment