Sunday 16 May 2010

Arsenal Transfer Rumours 16/5/2010

A number of new names today, Wenger is again being linked with a move for AC Milan flop Klaas Jan Huntlaar, I can't see this happening though, especially with football's worst kept secret (Chamakh's move to Arsenal) set to be confirmed in the coming few weeks. However, he is a player who I wouldn't mind seeing in an Arsenal shirt, and he is impossibly good at over-head kicks!!!

We've been linked with 3 centre backs in today's press, Philippe Mexes of Roma, Phil Jagielka of Everton and Pape Diakhate of Dynamo Kiev. The only one of these that I could see happening is Mexes, he's good in the air, and has scored a number of goals for Roma with his head. I think he's an interesting prospect, and could complement Vermaelen in the centre of the Arsenal defence. I think that Arsenal only need to sign a centre-back if Gallas goes - and this is looking increasingly likely - as we have Djourou returning from injury, and promising defender Harvard Nordveit retuning from a successful loan-spell in the Bundesliga.

We've also been linked with two goalkeepers today, Steve Mandanda and Mark Shwarzer. I think that Mandanda is at the same level as Almunia, and could even be a step back; Shwarzer on the other hand is - in my opinion - the second best 'keeper in the Premiership, after Manchester City's Shay Given. I can't see Fulham letting him leave however, so as I said yesterday, Portsmouth's David James is probably the way Forward for Arsenal until Szczesny is ready to take up the mantle.

To round up, a rumour I missed yesterday, James Milner. I wouldn't mind seeing him in an Arsenal shirt, but I feel that we already have a lot of very talented midfield players, so I'm not sure where he'd fit in. And anyway, I'd prefer to see Joe Cole come to the Emirates if we were going to sign another midfielder.

No comments:

Post a Comment