Monday 17 May 2010

Arsenal Transfer Rumour(s) 17/5/2010 and a bit of conjecture. Oh, and the new kit?

Another bleak day in rumourland, only an unlikely link with Emiliano Viviano, the Bologna goalkeeper, and further hints about Buffon wanting out, though I really can't see him coming to Arsenal; and anyway, as I've been saying, I'd prefer David James.

Now with this vacuum of rumours, I've looked back into the past to see who we've been linked with this season... David Villa. Towards the end of January, when everyone was getting quite cross at the lack of a new stricker, Wenger commented on Villa's unavailability, but how he would've liked to have signed him. For AW, this is tantamount to admitting that he bid for him, and I hope he did; but I hope even more that he'll try again this summer, possibly offloading Eduardo to make space, as I really can't see him ever returning to his pre-Birmingham form.

According to the 'Metro' "there are rumours circulating" (around the Metro office so they have something to write about methinks) that Fernando Torres is eyeing up a move south to the Emirates. He's another player I wouldn't mind seeing at the club, I think he's probably the best striker in the Premiership (sorry RVP), and would really add some menace to our front-line. I'd love to see both of the aforementioned duo arrive, alas I sincerely doubt that it will ever happen... although I'd be delighted to need to eat my words!!!

Now, next season's kit: if you visit http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/826537-new-arsenal-home-shirt-pictures-leaked-on-internet you'll be able to have a look, 'cos for some reason I can't get the image into this blog, but I'm sceptical about how genuine this is, as the crest doesn't quite look right, it looks like there's a curve in the fabric there, and the crest doesn't. The image of Silvestre wearing it below looks dodgy as well, it would appear that we have a new, messed up crest next season if that is kosher.

So, until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment